24 February 2012

Folksy finds on Friday...

I have always  loved looking at globes and atlases.

When I was younger I used to be the navigator on trips to the beach or visiting my parents friends, what you might call a back seat navigator that is, not to mention the fact Mum and Dad always knew where they were going!

To celebrate my love of navigation, this weeks theme is.....Maps.

  1. Rosy Ring Map  ~ £9.00  @  Happy Day Designs
  2. World Map Passport Holder ~ £15.00 @ Sew Smitten
  3. Wallpaper World Map ~£385.00 @  Mapping your way...
  4. Box Frame Map Page Butterfly Art ~ £20.00 @ Twiggstudios
  5. Personalised Map Pendant ~ £18.50  @ Bookity
  6. Origin of the Unit, Vintage Map Family  ~ £57.00  @ TerrorDome 
My favourite has to be the vintage map family from TerrorDome because the idea is so brilliant, TerrorDome say the following about the piece:

'In the example above, each figure, mom, dad, son and daughter are hand cut from beautiful cartography - the maps show the place in the world where each person spent their childhood.' 

I think it's such a lovely thing to do, I may even have a go myself! TTFN ~x~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover