13 March 2012

I'm giving it up!

'It' being Coke and fizzy drinks! It's day one and so far I haven't had the urge to pop open a can.

I know Coke is bad for me, I have made this decision because yesterday I went to the Coke box to get a can and realised that I had consumed approximately 9 of the box of 12 we had urchased on Sunday...that's two days!!! I was like, 'Whooaahhh that's bad, really bad!' So I'm off it, on the wagon as they say.

I am what Urban Dictionary call a 'Diet Coke Head',  Someone who cant go one day (or one hour) without drinking a diet coke. 




Reasons for giving up fizzy drinks

They are the most acidic drinks you can purchase, acid oxidizes anything it comes into contact with. It dissolves tooth enamel. (I worry about my teeth)

If you drink fizzy drinks, which also contains high levels of phosphorous, you will leach calcium from your bones. (Loss of teeth, possible osteoporosis?)

The relationship between soft drink consumption and body weight is so strong that researchers calculate that for each additional soda consumed, the risk of obesity increases 1.6 times. (and there I was thinking it was helping my weight loss!)

Diet fizzy drinks are associated with an increased risk of strokes , heart attacks, and heart and blood vessel diseases.

Contains high amounts of caffeine which can lead to the following health effects;
  1. Cardiovascular Problems
  2. Stress
  3. Emotional Disturbances
  4. Blood Sugar Swings
  5. Gastrointestinal Problems
  6. Nutritional Deficiencies
  7. Male Health Problems
  8. Female Health Problems
  9. Adrenal Exhaustion
  10. Aging

Contains Aspartame which had over 90 different health side effects, some of which are depression, irritability and migraines.  

This is only a few of the reasons why I'm giving up Diet Coke and fizzy drinks, but I think the ones listed are a good reasons why anyone should give up...so wish me luck! TTFN ~x~


Information taken from herehere and  here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover