20 February 2011

Upcycle Heaven...

I'm into this thing called upcycling at present, its an ingenious way to recycle old things and make them into useful items for your home or person. I even have a board on Pinterest devoted to upcycling, check it out!

Wikipedia say this about upcycling;

Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.

So there you go, I figured I'd have a go myself and thanks to my lovely husband, David, who managed to rip the crotch of his jeans whilst bending over and my little boy Harry donating an ill-fitting t'shirt; I have come up with this gorgeous cushion.


The jeans have made up the cushion (obviously!) and the appliqued car came from a t'shirt of Harry's that was due to go to the charity shop, until I thought "hmmm....".  I used some ribbon that I had saved off my mother in laws Christmas Crackers, for the traffic light, with buttons from the donation from my Mum's colleague and a rectangle of denim inside out.

I thought that would be it, but I kept looking at the finished cushion and thought it needs something else, so I had bought some embroidery thread from the charity shop weeks ago and sewed "Vroom" onto it.  To say I'm happy with it is an understatement!  Lets just hope someone on my Folksy shop Doodledandy like it!!   TTFN ~x~

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely! Well done I'm sure someone will snap it up soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover