10 February 2013

Bowled over by Lincoln

That man, Daniel Day Lewis, so deserves the Oscar for Best Actor.  I went out Friday night and watched 'Lincoln'. It was brilliant!


Image source
I had expected to get a fantastic performance from Day Lewis, having watched him in Gangs of New York, My Left Foot, Last of the Mohicans....to name but a few.  It was clear from the onset that my expectations would be met.

The likeness to Lincoln was uncanny and, I felt, helped draw you into the story.

Image source                                        Image source
There were many noticeable actors, Sally Field played the 'mad' Mrs Lincoln and I can see why she has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress. I would have to say that Tommy Lee Jones was exceptional, strange looking in his wig but exceptional. If he doesn't walk away with the Best Supporting Actor he was robbed!

If you're not into factual movies, that require you to really think about the movie, then this one is not for you. But I would highly recommend watching it.....now I'm torn on who should get Best Picture.  Les Miserables and Lincoln are both completely different movies....let's wait to see who wins, the Oscars are on Sunday 24 February. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover