30 January 2012

The purpose of art is...


.....washing the dust of daily life off our souls ~ Pablo Picasso.


I have loads of interests, one of which is art, I love paintings in particular and I found this one from Mark Ryden whilst browsing. It's called The Tree of Life and its oil on canvas.

Image via www.markryden.com

Mark Ryden's paintings have been exhibited in museums and galleries worldwide, including a retrospective “Wondertoonel” at the Frye Museum of Art in Seattle and Pasadena Museum of California Art, and in the exhibition "The Artist's Museum" at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Los Angeles. He currently lives and works in Los Angeles.

His paintings aren't for everyone, but then art can be objective, so take a look and make up your own mind.

I would love one of his paintings but I think I could probably manage just a postcard of the above painting at $5.00, available at Porterhouse Fine Arts Editions. TTFN ~x~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover
Pin It button on image hover